Spinner Sprint Premium Indoor Cycle: A Review
We are in an age where fitness has become very important. People have begun to realize why it is necessary to remain fit even amidst our hectic schedule. Moreover, the opening of gyms has been at an all-time high.
We are certain that you may have a gym around the corner near you too. But not too many people have the time or luxury to visit one. So, it is best to resort to indoor exercises and equipment.
One equipment that is taken everyone in the world by storm is the indoor spin cycle. The reason why it is so popular is because of its versatility.
Unlike certain types of workout equipment which can be used only by people of a certain age, the indoor spin cycle can be used by everyone.
The indoor cycle has a ton of benefits. To begin with, it helps with stress levels, which is something we all need. Indoor cycling is capable of releasing neurotransmitters called endorphins.
These tend to create a feeling of euphoria, which is essential to lower the stress levels in our body and to improve the immune system.
Another reason why indoor cycling is beneficial and recommended to older people is because of its cardiovascular benefits. It is a known fact that older people need about 30 to 60 minutes of moderate exercise a day. This exercise helps to keep the heart healthy and also lower any risk of coronary artery diseases.
For younger folks, the indoor cycle helps in muscular endurance. This means over a large period of time, the ability of your muscles to constantly and repeatedly exert force.
When you pedal, you give your leg muscles such as the calf muscles and hamstring the ability to increase its endurance.
So, if you’re interested in an indoor cycle and are on a lookout for one, then you’re in luck. Today, we’ll be reviewing the Spinner Sprint Premium Indoor Cycle. So, let’s head straight into it.
- The spin cycle has a dimension of 48 (H) x 20 (W) x 55 (L) inches and weighs about 121 lbs.
- It has a clean design which eliminates any bulk, especially from the racetrack shaped steel frame. This also makes it easier to clean the bottom bracket which is underneath.
- The head tubes and the seats, both have an oval shape. This minimizes the possibility of them wobbling.
- It has a leather brake pad which provides a longer shelf life along with the Push-to-stop resistance feature which has a dual-density grip surface.
- In terms of safety, the bike features a no-slip rubber grip. This not only provides safety but also provides comfort. In addition, it can be easily adjusted so that it can accommodate any rider irrespective of their weight and height.
- It has a 5° angled stable fixed handlebar which offers fantastic ergonomics. Moreover, they have their patented spinning proprietary horizontal “loop.” This loop offers multiple positions for the hand.
- There is a perimeter-weighted flywheel which weighs about 43 lbs. This creates enough momentum to keep the pedals in motion.
- This indoor cycle has a Q-factor which is extremely low at just 155mm. This means the strain on the legs, hips, knees, and ankles will be very low.
- For the protection of the brake assembly and also the flywheel assembly, there is a two-piece fender that is installed. There are rust proof nylon rivets too which helps the user mount the fenders into its place.
- The product comes shipped along with their four famous bonus Spinning® DVDs. These are the Ultimate Energy, Turn and Burn, Train and Tone and Maximum Results.
- The bike can comfortably accommodate riders who weigh up to 350 lbs.
- It can also accommodate riders whose height is anywhere between 4’10” and 6’8″.
- The product comes along with a yearlong warranty but without labor.
- Very durable due to its solid construction
- Has an extremely low Q-factor at just 155mm
- Easy to move around your house and not too heavy
- Fantastic ergonomics thanks to the 5° angled stable fixed handlebar
- Can accommodate people weighing up to 350 lbs. and height between 4’10” and 6’8″
- The seat and handlebars are not only comfortable but can also be adjusted according to your desired height.
- Very reliable brakes that are long-lasting
- The product is equipped with a water-bottle handle.
- Comes with a one year warranty and four bonus training DVD’s
- The seat tends to get a little uncomfortable if you sit on it for a very long time.
- Sometimes can get shipped without the DVDs. If so, call the customer care right away
The Spinner Sprint Premium Indoor Cycle is a simple, well built and sturdy indoor cycle which offers specifications as good as some high-end indoor cycles. It features a 5° angled stable fixed handlebar which offers great ergonomics, along with a fantastic Q-factor score at just 155mm.
It can accommodate anyone between the height of 4’10” and 6’8″ and can take up to 350 lbs. of weight. It is easy to move around and takes very little space.
When compared to the Sunny Health and Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike, the Spinner Sprint Indoor Cycle has an advantage over it. Below we have listed some of them:
- It can accommodate only up to 275 lbs of maximum weight while the Spinner cycle can take up to 350 lbs.
- It has a weaker resistance system and even lesser resistance options.
- The maximum height allowed on the Sunny cycle is far lower than its counterpart.
- It makes loud sound when in use.
- Much smaller in comparison
- Not as durable and sturdy; the Spinner cycle will definitely last longer
- Does not come with any bonus workout DVDs
- Has a Q-factor of 190mm which is higher than its counterpart at just 155mm
The Spinner brand is known to offer some top-notch exercise equipment, and this indoor cycle is no less. We can assure you that this cycle is very durable, sturdy and will last you for a very long time.
The fantastic 155 mm Q-factor score is a proof of how good the Spinner Sprint Premium Indoor Cycle product is. Additionally, you also get four bonus exercise DVDs if you want to make the most out of your indoor cycle and get fit quickly.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, HomeFitnessEdge may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI-prices are accurate, and items in stock as of time of publication.